|Waiting for my friends|
- Cutting - Using scissors, cut strips of paper on the line drawn.
- Transport - Classify as Road, Water, Rail and Air way. Be able to talk about features of each (number of wheels, color, shape, size etc.)
- Coloring - Be able to color using 4 colors (Hey, Button is barely able to color within the lines using 1 crayon. Now 4?)
- Helpers - All transport helpers - Pilot, Conductor, Driver, Captain etc. Also, equivalent names (used globally).
- Traffic signals - Colors, purpose, Inspector, Road rules (Now I know why Chennai doesn't follow road rules. People forget. They learn TOO early!)
- Stories - 2 specific stories
- Rhymes - 8 different English rhymes + 1 Hindi + 1 Tamil
- Fruit Salad making (Finally, a fun activity!)
- Sports portions (WHAT?) - Skipping, Crawling thro' hoops, Balancing walk, Ball throw.
Whilst the school expects these things, Button is OBSESSED with Lightening McQueen (of the Cars franchise). Imagines he lives in California and that I am Sally etc. So hopefully, he'd enjoy the classes this month.
Parenting a child is hard enough, but with Tiger moms all around me, its getting a bit scary! What do you think? Pressure at young ages is good or not? If yes, in what quantity? Finding that line is a tough task indeed.