Zoe's Mom made my day. I was feeling upset that my usually well planned day is now at the mercy of my 3 month old and thus leading to infrequent blog posts, when I saw I was awarded the 'Liebster' :) Feeling grand!
|Awarded for 'promising' talent|
Liebster is a German word which means kindest, dearest, beloved, cute, endearing... This award is given to new or promising bloggers who have less than 200 followers. it is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category.
· Tell 11 Random facts about yourself
· Answer the questions the nominator has asked in their post
· Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate
· Nominate 11 bloggers whose blogs you read frequently and who have less than 200 followers.
· Inform the nominee by commenting on one of their posts.
· No tag back
Random facts about me! (And I had GREAT fun thinking them out and listing 'em!)
1. I can’t stand creepy-crawlies. Starting with cockroaches down to snails, snakes and earthworms. But lizards and spiders don’t scare me!
2. I love eating vegetables, but strangely fruits are not high up on the list. Raw veggies – NO NO, but cooked? Bring it on!
3. I LOVE traveling. Although my daughter is only 3 months old, I am already planning my next trip.
4. My most fave physical feature in a person is dimples. I naturally gravitate towards dimpled smiles. No wonder I married my husband (who has 2 lovely dimples).
5. My idea of a lovely midnight snack is a great glass of wine, cheese crackers and red velvet cupcakes.
6. My all time fave book is ‘Gone With the Wind’ which I read during my class XII Board exams (which explains my Maths marks or lack thereof). I identify most strongly with Scarlett as a character. Jostling closely for number 2 spot is ‘Godfather’ and ‘JLS’.
7. I enjoy dancing. One dream is to dance the salsa with the husband in a nightclub wearing a lovely dress that swirls around my knees and plunges down my back. (oops, too graphic?)
8. Arvindswamy is my all-time fave hero. Followed by DiCaprio and Daniel Craig.
9. As a child, I used to think that you can make coffee decoction only in the morning. If you tried making it in the afternoon, it will not turn out right (Tam conditioning?)
10. I am generally a non-confrontational type and will go to many lengths to avoid any argument/fight of any sort at personal risk and pain!
11. I always make lists, for everything. Especially though when I am traveling. Individual packing lists for each person, even detailing the toiletries and books to be carried.
Zoe’s mamma’s questions for me:
1. If you can get to live a famous person's life for one day, who would it be and why?
I’d like to be an astronaut, Sunita Williams maybe? Just to see the moon up close and play obstacle race amidst the stars, dodging stray meteorites!
2. What has the best blog post you have written (per you) and why do you think so?
My travel series on Ladakh. It was a fantastic trip and I enjoyed blogging about it almost as much as traveling.
3. What is the worst blogging mistake you have done and why do you think so?
Not trying hard enough. Especially with driving feeds and RSS and all the other jargon that I still don’t have time enough to figure out. Also, not working hard enough on the look or visiting other blogs often enough. (Hopefully will work on some mistakes this year!)
4. 1 book/movie character you would love to become for your life?
I already said it… Scarlett O’Hara. Movie character? Maria in ‘Sound of Music’.
5. If you get to do just 1 thing for yourself in 2013 what would you do?
6. What’s the one food you’d wish to eat all the time and never get bored of? do not think about calories
No brainer – its Chocolate! But there are cavities to think of, even if I ditch the calories!
7. When you were younger what did you want to become? What are your views about that profession now.
I wanted to become a teacher as a child, and then do hotel management. Ended up doing an MBA, but then re-calibrating my career choices now. I still believe that teaching is a fantastic vocation and a great career choice, if you are okay about the money that is.
8. What was your favorite fairy-tale as a kid? Why? Do you still like it as much?
Hansel and Gretel. I loved the brother-sister bonding and the victory of courage over evil. Yes, I still LOVE it.
9. What is the strangest thing about you?
My deep voice. Sometimes its mistaken for a high-pitched man’s and phone conversations become hilarious!
10. What is your funniest childhood memory?
It wasn't so funny then; my sis was missing from her class in 1st standard and I was given hell for her absence. After much searching all over the school and school grounds, she was found sleeping, in her slip, in a teacher’s empty staff room. Why? She was sleepy and it was hot. Sigh!
11. One person who has influenced you as a blogger.
Of late, Gauri. Her blog is well written, covers an eclectic range of topics and written in a sensible, yet witty tone. (Giving her the award too!)
I nominate –
Now for my 11 questions
- What is your fave song? Why? (You can choose to link the YouTube video of it if you love it lots).
- Why did you start your blog? Is it still fulfilling the original purpose?
- Have you moved to real life friendships with anyone from the blog world?
- What is your greatest achievement in your life?
- And your greatest regret? Could you have changed it?
- Which is your fave sitcom? And your fave movie?
- What’s your most fave place to visit? (Even the ones on your wish list) And why?
- If you were invisible for a day, what would you like to do?
- Who is your role model? And why?
- One thing you cannot live without.
- What’s your fave day-dream?
Have fun! I love you girls and can't wait to read your entries.