"Surprise, ssuurrpprriiisseeee", we all screamed.
She was shocked. Pleasantly so. Thrilled. Turned red in her face trying to control the multitude of emotions that ran through her - joy, excitement, love, delight... and all of us smiled/laughed approvingly, feeling thrilled ourselves for having been part of a 'surprise' b'day party. The party rocked.
Happy B'day CP! May today bring you lots of joy, fun times, good wine and lovely moments the entire year.
Why do we love surprises? Because we didn't know of it, and it is new ground? Because it is an offering of love? Because we are being given the spotlight, the hot seat? Because we know we are going to enjoy it? WHY?
"The moment two bubbles
are united, they both vanish.
A lotus blooms."
- Murakami, Kijo
Ps: There is a place called Surprise in Arizona. (http://www.surpriseaz.com/)
Ps2: My darling Wiki has the following to say of “Surprise”
- Surprise (emotion)
- Surprise factor, the fundamental element in humor that puts a twist on familiar subjects.
- Surprise, surprisal, or self-information is the information-theoretic quantity , where p is the probability of occurrence.
- Symphony No. 94 in G major, "Surprise Symphony" by Joseph Haydn
- "Surprise" (Buffy episode), an episode of the TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Surprise (Zoey 101 episode), an episode of the TV series Zoey 101
- Surprise, Arizona, a city in the USA
- Surprise, Nebraska, a city in the USA
- Surprise (Paul Simon album) 2006 album by Paul Simon
- Surprise (Better Than Ezra album) 1989 album by Better Than Ezra
- (T)Raumschiff Surprise, a German science fiction parody film by Michael "Bully" Herbig
- HMS Surprise, name of various real and fictional Royal Navy ships
- Military Surprise, a military strategy to strike the enemy at a time or place or in a manner for which he is unprepared.
- Surprise!, an award-winning short film by Veit Helmer
- Surprise, an animated short film created by Pixar Animation Studios for Sesame Street
- Surprise Records, a record label
- Fundamental Surprise is a surprise that indicates a personal or group mindset which became irrelevant or misleading in interpreting new realities. It is caused by disparity between the fast growing rate of complexity and disruptive changes in our reality and the sluggishness of reframing our mindsets.
- Surprise Moriri, a South African footballer