Friday, April 19, 2013

Quartet of Mischief!



My 3 cousins and I (that's me in the right corner, the youngest) used to be up to all kinds of mischief in our summers. Stealing mangoes from the kitchen, waving away the crows from the 'vadaams' (sabudaana paapads) that our grandmom would spread out to dry (but eating them ourselves and blaming crows for it!), eating 'nila choru' (dinner in the moonlight), wearing each others' clothes, bathing together and having a ball in general. 

Well, they are in different parts of the world now. Distance, commitments and adulthood separate us, but we'll always have our childhood memories! 

PS: We used to fancy ourselves as the Famous Five, with my pet goat filling in for Timothy! 

PPS: The 3 younger cousins (born after me) unfortunately never made it to the Quartet Clique! 


9 comments:

  1. growing up with cousins is so much fun !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Masti ,mischief and cousin times=same.Loved the post and tiny you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew mostly with boy cousins but I can so identify with this. Such a darling pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I have so many memories of my childhood....precious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute and nostalgic post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can imagine the fun times you must have had with almost same age cousins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have fantastic memories of cousins too. Thank you for raking up the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cousins are awesome! I love the new layout of your site, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm very close to my cousins and even though we are far away we still remain close. Loved your post and thanks for sharing a piece of your life. Cute pic too.

    ReplyDelete