Monday, April 29, 2013

Zizzer-Zazzer-Zuzz

"What begins with Z?
I do. 
I am a Zizzer-Zazzer-Zuzz, as you can plainly see"
 - Dr.Seuss in A B C



Dr.Seuss at his magical best again. What indeed is a Zizzer-Zazzer-Zuzz? It is a nonsensical creature, scary if you want it to be, harmless if you want it to be or an angel if you'd like it that way. All of us live some part of our lives in fantasy and how better to instill that imagination, but at childhood? Creativity helps us deal with life's realities. A little imagination helps us escape horrible truths. A little embellishing makes any story more vibrant. A little thinking out-of-the-box gets us multiple awards at office. 

So how do you get the brain cells to conjure up the Zizzer-Zazzer-Zuzzs of your chosen field? By practice, by observation and by spending time and effort on it. Much like this blogging endeavor. The most creative of pursuits actually have the most arcane of necessities - practice. Sometimes the creative cells may have taken off to visit their relatives in Planet Krypton or may fight a bloody civil war with your fingers struggling to keep pace... either way, just "Z"ealously committing to the project is half the battle won. 

You're off to Great Places! 
Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So... get on your way!

 - Dr.Seuss again.

Believe. 
Commit. 
Commit to your life. 
Commit to your dreams. 
Observe. 
Observe the effect of your words. 
Observe the people around you. 
Travel. 
Travel with your eyes, ears (and mouth!) wide open. 

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it`s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life`s realities."
- Dr.Seuss


10 comments:

  1. Loved reading this book to my kids back when they were little.

    I kinda miss it now.

    --
    Tim Brannan
    The Other Side and The Witch
    Red Sonja: She-Devil with a Sword
    The Freedom of Nonbelief

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr Seuss books are amazing!! Great choice for the last letter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How positive is this post! Thanks for sharing...I love that book too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep the best for the last. Dr. Seuss was a genius with a lot of Zesty poems. Good choice

    PhenoMenon
    http://capturedalive.wordpress.com/2013/04/30/zen/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantasy creativity and Imagination are much needed spicy ingredients for a good life. DR Seuss rocks. Love his quotes
    Congrats on finishing the challenge.
    Keep in touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dr Seuss.. I discovered them late in my life but err I still enjoyed reading every one thou i was in myt 20s then :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very inspiring. Well said... Travel with your eyes, ears (and mouth!) wide open...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Dr Seuss books are fantastic. I enjoyed reading them with my kids and I enjoyed reading your posts. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Dr Seuss books are fantastic. I enjoyed reading them with my kids and I enjoyed reading your posts. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read any of the Dr Seuss books, except for the Cat in the Hat series. My daughter loves them.

    ReplyDelete